Wednesday, September 22, 2010

SEC Notebook | Meyer calls Kentucky's Randall Cobb 'dynamic player'

Urban Meyer will be admiring at least one University of Kentucky football player when his Gators host the Wildcats on Saturday. The Florida coach told reporters this week that he's a fan of wide receiver Randall Cobb.


Meyer met Cobb at Southeastern Conference Football Media Days in July and professed his fondness for UK's do-it-all junior.

“I think he's a dynamic player that's going to play at the next level, and I can't wait to get him the heck out of this league,” Meyer said. “That's probably what I told him. I'll tell him that Saturday, too.”

At Media Days, Meyer expressed to Cobb his disappointment that the Gators hadn't recruited him out of Alcoa (Tenn.) High School.

“I'm trying to find out whose recruiting area that was,” he told reporters this week. “I'd fire them if they were here, but they're probably gone.”